Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Tree Stands Alone


Why do I sometime feel so sad and lost?

Sometimes I think that my sadness and lonliness gets the better of me, and then I feel like I want to give up on everything I have worked so hard for. Why would I even contemplate this?
I am a smart and vibrant young woman with lots to live for and yet sometimes I feel like this tree in the picture above...standing all alone, bearing all the weight if the world on it's shoulders, and outside and exposed to all the harsh elements.

Today a friend offered for me to pick from one of her inspirational cards to receive a message for the day. The one that was given to me by the universe was one that said...that I should spend some more time giving myself some attention and that the lack of attention from others was wearing on me.

I almost began to cry when I read this.

I feel as if I have all the love and attention I need from my great friends and family. Where I am lacking is in the interest of someone who stanbd beside me as a mate, a confident, a supporter, believer, and a lover. It is here that I find the hole in my life causing me so much sadness.

When will it be my turn?

No comments: