Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Life is good....but hard.


I was looking for a picture today to portray hard or tough, and I came across this quote on the internet. I want to tell you that when my brain is working right I realize that things aren't really that bad for me at this point in my life. When my brain is not looking outside into the world, I am a firm believer that everyone's "hard" is relative to their own experience. If you feel you are having a hard time, then that is your reality.

What do I know to be true? I know that I have my health, my family has its' health, I have a roof over my head, I have food in my cupboards, I have a job that I love, I have loving and supportive friends, I have an extended family that is there if I need them, I have mentors and a business support network that would stretch for miles if they all heald hands. WOW! I have a lot!

So why do I sometimes lament that I do not have enough love in my life? Why do I look to other things that seem so out of reach? Is this something that all human beings do....relative to their own existence and stature in the world? It must be that I am not alone.

If you have ever felt this way then let me know. Share with me how you have dealt with it and maybe we could work through it together. I feel very lost when I get into this mode of thinking. why is what I have already.....not enough.

No comments: