Friday, December 8, 2006

I'm Proud of You


Today I am going to tell my children that I am proud of them!

The three of us have been through so much as a family in the last five years. Deaths - Divorce - Financial hardship - and the rest! It has been a real rough go. As the mother, and sole caregiver, I have been so concerned with the health of my children both mentally and physically. Now that I can look back on the years gone by, it seems that this task was all consuming. it was like a brick hit me in the head! I had been tightening the reigns so tight that that they had no breathing room. This is a trait of a mother living in the 2000's. It is such a scary time with all the society issues.

This week I have had to give my children quite a bit more responsibility than they have had in the past. I was VERY worried that they would not be able to cope. Let's put it this way...they had ZERO responsibilities before, and now they have 100% responsibility (just to give you an idea). They have proved me wrong and showed me that I can give them that added responsibility and not have too many worries...let's face it I am still a mother...that designation gives me a licence to worry.

Don't get me wrong, I offered them an incentive program, and have all the consequences in place for when they do not following the new rules. They are quite clear on all that. They have just met and exceeded my expectations this week and I feel like I want to shout it from the roof top that.....

I am VERY proud of my children!

No comments: